lunes, 16 de septiembre de 2013

Fr. Charles Irvin


Welcome!

You have arrived at my cyberspace home. Enter and browse, won’t you? Here you will find ideas that I have expressed in articles, essays and homilies.

Forty-six years of being a priest have shaped me. I have been formed by the hands of people among whom God has sent me to love and serve. Within them God dwells; through them He reaches me. I am what I am because of so very many good souls. All of which means that the thoughts shared here are certainly not mine alone. They come from souls sharing a Faith, a Faith inspired by the One whom God has sent us. “We are not on earth as museum-keepers, but to cultivate a flourishing garden of life and to prepare for a glorious future.” (Pope John XXIII)

Welcome to my house. I’m glad you stopped by. Do drop in again for other visits.

Yours in the Lord,
Fr. Charles Irvin

About Fr. Charlie

"Fr. Charlie," as he is known, was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on January 6, 1933. He was raised and educated there, graduating from the University of Michigan's Law School. After a brief career as an attorney he entered the seminary and was ordained a priest in 1967. Shortly thereafter he began an eleven-year ministry at St. Mary's Student Chapel in Ann Arbor.

A rich variety of ministries followed including appointments to many advisory positions in the Church and three other pastorates. In the early 1970s he began writing columns for several Catholic newspapers in Michigan.

In 1999 he was appointed founding editor of Faith magazine, published by the Diocese of Lansing, Michigan. Today the magazine serves twenty six dioceses reaching 1,400.000 homes. Fr. Charlie lives in "active retirement" in DeWitt, Michigan, on the grounds of St. Francis Retreat Center and has traveled extensively, including five pilgrimages in Europe and the Holy Land and writes Sunday homilies for Catholic Web.com.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario